02-22-15 Trade Plan

The markets closed on another great note this week as indices continue to allow for an environment where stocks can rally with the wind at their back.  Even the NASDAQ itself has been a fantastic trade holding all the swing points since the entry opportunity around $103-104.  During these times is when I am looking for great risk/reward long side trades during trends in individual stocks, so unless there is a fresh trade to take in the indices I have all the information I need out of it for right now.


There really isn't much to say on the indices this weekend to be honest just boring trend following.  Russell is still holding it's 65m trend as is the S&P.  The NASDAQ is the only one holding a 15 minute trend and that is really juicing some of the tech and healthcare stocks to the upside.  Major support levels remain the same at $106 area on the NASDAQ and $120/YTD break even on the Russell.  Other than that I am just watching the swing points to continue to trend.

The watch list got a bit bigger this weekend as more stocks start to show signs of strength.  We can talk about some of the newer stocks to make it on the watchlist in the next post but for me it's been all about pushing the winners I have and trailing stops where it makes sense.  When positions start to get into the area where its 3-4x what I risked, that is when I start trailing a bit more aggressively like in AAPL, ADBE, SBUX etc. but still using swing points to do so.

That's about all I got for this week I'll do a quick watch list analysis post and see you all Monday.  Thanks for reading

02-22-15 Watchlist Analysis - Link Here

-Michael

Read More

Read More: