04-12-15 Trade Plan

After price was unable to put in a lower low or go negative on the year, buyers retook control with a 30m trend that got above the previous swing high at $107.  This intraday trend is aligned with the daily time frame and there are some stocks that are looking good to participate in a move higher.  That is what you want to see when a possible trend is emerging otherwise it's just the index trying to rally with no back up or leadership.

This is a little off topic but I wanted to bring it up.  Apparently last week's job report had a lot of people irrationally thinking that the bull market had ended, spreading fear, panic, day to day noise.  I just wanted to show the mark of a bull market in my opinion.  It's a rising 50 week average in the strongest index - QQQ weekly chart.  The flash crash, the Greek riots, all that happened along a rising 50 week average.  The last bull market through 2008?  Same thing - SPY weekly chart.  Well what about the bear markets?  It's a declining 50 week average.  SPY weekly chart 2008 crash.  Just that simple filter of a rising/declining 50 week will let you know if a market environment is changing or not.  Even the Russell through it's consolidation last year had a rising 50 week the entire time.  Along with monitoring swing points, using multiple time frames, and managing risk appropriately you aren't going to be caught off guard with a bull market just ending over the weekend.  Remember this is a 50 week average, not day, not intraday, week.  The weekly chart always stays in the back of my mind no matter how short term I get, which is why if I'm looking for short term downside I'll give targets or expectations and looking for upside I don't because that is the state of the market right now.  I know most of the readers here know this but for any one that needs perspective on this subject, there it is.


The S&P and NASDAQ broke above their previous highs at $208.5 and $107 using 30m trends.  If nothing else I'll be watching for those trends to carry price to highs and watch how price reacts from there.  This should allow for some stock setups to trigger.  Russell 2000 is still holding a 130m trend as well as daily trend leading the other indices.

Some of my favorites from the watch list for this week are: AAPL, ADBE, FEYE, FSLR, IBM, LNKD, MA, PCLN, and TSLA.  Instead of doing watch list analysis posts I've decided to just do them on my stocktwits and twitter streams.  That way if there is only a few I can still go over them without dedicating a post to it and now that stocktwits charts show up on twitter there isn't any reason not to do it this way.  The analysis will be found in the tweets under the links I post to this trade plan every weekend.  I'll also link to my twitter and stocktwits pages at the end.

In summary I'm just looking for the indices to carry and trigger some of these stocks to the upside for swing trades.  Thanks for reading

-Michael


Read More

Read More: